Can you help in the search for England's star achiever?
The Young Achievers Awards 2009 are now open for nominations.
The awards aim to celebrate and support 16-25 year-olds who:
- have shown innovation or creativity in their volunteering
- demonstrated leadership in creating and developing projects
- used their energy, commitment and enthusiasm to raise awareness
- created something worth replicating elsewhere and inspired others
- demonstrated a willingness to develop their talents into new areas
Young Achievers wants to recognize 56 young people in total – that’s 8 winners, 8 runners up, 16 shortlisted and 24 commended 16-25 year-olds. All 56 will receive some support and the winners and runners up will win cash prizes for personal and project development, an RSA fellowship and money can’t buy prizes.
The deadline for entries is 27th September 2009
. Young people can self nominate or be nominated by someone who recognizes their achievements – the nomination form is available to download
on the Young Achievers website
Also, check out the latest video
of a 2008 nominee, Francis Beke, talking about young achievers.